What is Theraputic Bodywork?
Theraputic bodywork is a structured type of healing through the use of different styles of touch, whether it is on the skin or deeper to the muscle. Touch is a type of communication that we use everyday interacting with one another. The therapist uses touch to listen to your body and customize the style of massage for your particular need. By using different techniques the therapists hands are tools that helps facilitate healing in your body.
Massage therapy is recognized as one of the oldest methods to promote healing. There are references in medical texts as far back as 4,000 years old. Hippocrates, known as the "father of medicine," referenced massage when he wrote, in the 4th century B.C.: "The physician must be acquainted with many things, and assuredly with rubbing."
Discover the benefits of massage
- Feel healthier and energetic
- Alleviates pain
- Promotes restful sleep
- Improves attentiveness, learning, and job performance
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces anxiety, stress levels, heart rate, tension headaches
- Relaxes mind and muscles (the whole body)
- Effective in pain management
- Aids in recovery from pulled or sprained muscles
- Improves mood and self esteem
- Helps remove waste and toxins stored in tissues
- Reduces lactic acid & scar tissue
- Increases circulation to supply tissues, cells, and organs with nourishment & oxygen
- Improves immune function, energy levels, and range of motion, Flexibility, plus much more
- is traditional manipulative techniques of effleurage, friction, petrissage, tapotement, and vibration. These movements can be slow/gentle or vigorous/bracing. This is effective for most ailments, promotes healing, and helps relax the body and mind.
- Soothing and comforting massage designed specifically for the mother-to-be.
Deep Tissue Massage
- Slow deep compression and friction are used to help the release of toxins from the tissues and release muscle fibers that are causing tension. It can be helpful with chronic pain, previous injuries, knotted muscles, etc.
Pricing for massage
- 60 min. - $80
- 90 min. - $110
- Involves pressure to the feet and hands with specific thumb/finger, and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. It's based on a system of meridians/reflex zones which imporve energy flow, increase circulation, reduce stress, and helps with overall well-being.
- Included in 1 1/2 massage if requested
You deserve to feel better.
Schedule your appointment today!
- A gentle manual therapy that evaluates and treats the structural relationships between the viscera (organs), and their fascial or ligamentous attachments to one another.
This therapy helps facilitate functional and structural imbalances throughout the body including musculoskeletal, vascular, nervous, urogenital, respiratory, digestive, neuroendocrine and lymphatic dysfunction. A manipulation awakens proprioceptive cells within the body, correcting imbalances, relieving pain, and improve organ function. Specified soft manual forces are applied to encourage the normal mobility, tone, and motion of the viscera (motility) and their connective tissues. These gentle manipulations can potentially improve the functioning of the individual organs, the systems of organ function within, and the structural integrity of the entire body.
- Examines relationships between the cranium/spine to the dura and neural elements. An assessment and treatment address restrictions of the dural and neural components not commonly focused on with musculoskeletal symptoms. Neural Manipulation identifies and releases local nerve restrictions while at the same time examines the effect these local fixations have on the rest of the body. By addressing these relationships, it helps resolve the more comprehensive (global) dysfunctional patterns. By understanding the detailed anatomy of the neural system, one can clearly see the potential for pathological change when nerves are restricted. Treating the nerves is accomplished by precise applied pressure and stretching techniques.
- Light touch finds imbalaces in the skull and spine that may cause a disrution in spinal fluid movenment. The client must where loose fitted clothing for the most benefit.
- A gentle application of sustained pressure on fascial restrictions, applied slowly will create a piezoelectric connection, increasing viscous flow elongating tissue.
Pricing for Visceral/Neural Manipulation, Cranial-Sacral, or Myofascial Release
- 50 mins: $85 Adult
- 25 mins: $35 Children 8 yrs old and younger
- Onsite Chair Massage- (chair massage, no lotions are used) You are fully clothed in a chair designed to help your body relax. This is great for the office, grand openings, airports, health clubs, special events, and for employees or your houseguest, anniversary, grand opening, baby shower, sports event, birthday party, bridal shower, corporate event, or any special occasion. (two hour minimum required)
Call today for pricing! (309) 531-4584
**Late arrival policy- Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment to fill out the necessary health history forms. Arriving early will ensure your massage will start on time and you will benefit from a full session. Remember there are massage sessions before and after yours. Please be considerate of everyone's time.
*Cancellation policy- Please allow no less than 24 hour notice if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment. There is a fee for missed or canceled appointments with less than 24 hour notice. Any appointments prepaid by credit card and canceled will be reimbursed according to cancelation policy and minus the credit card processing fee.